How Do I Know If I’m Pregnant?
Though at-home pregnancy tests can be accurate, there are two steps to take to confirm you’re pregnant! First, take a lab-quality pregnancy test, and second, receive an ultrasound. Both can be done with us at New Life Medical Services, free and confidential.
Why Do I Need An Ultrasound?
An ultrasound is necessary to know what pregnancy options you have – determining how far along you are, viability, and the location of your pregnancy. Ultrasounds also have the ability to tell you if there are any pregnancy complications. Learn more here!
When Should I Take A Pregnancy Test?
According to the Mayo Clinic, the best time to take a pregnancy test is at least one day after your missed period. The longer you wait, the more HCG (the pregnancy hormone) is able to be detected.
What Are The Risks of Abortion?
There are slightly different risks of abortion, depending on what type. With medical abortion, known as the abortion pill, serious risks include:
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- An ongoing unwanted pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
Surgical abortion risks include…
- Damage to the womb or cervix
- Uterine perforation (accidentally putting a hole in the uterus with one of the instruments used)
- Excessive bleeding
- Infection of the uterus or fallopian tubes
- Scarring of the inside of the uterus
- Reaction to the medicines or anesthesia, such as problems breathing
- Not removing all of the tissue, requiring another procedure
How Much Will My Appointment Cost?
Our services and support are completely free and confidential! That means you don’t pay a dime when you come in to see us and receive services. We are here to help in your time of need.